1.24.2014

Civics + National Boards

This year is literally zipping by for me. I am in full National Board-mode and have no intention of stopping until my Assessment Center Test is completed!

I am working away on Entry 2--Social Studies and had time to make it into a freebie for you :) 

We started a few weeks ago by talking about:
1. What is a community?
2. What are the three types of communities? How are they alike and different?
3. What is a community helper? How are they important to our community as a system?



And now we are moving on to the civics end of things. We started today with:
1. What is a law? Why are they important?
2. What is pedestrian safety?
3. How are laws created and enforced?

This led us to the three branches of government. This is not a focus skill for 2nd graders, but I felt it was important for me to introduce each "branch" to my kiddos, and they really enjoyed it!




Click the pictures to download your own copy for free :)

3 comments:

  1. Perfect for the government unit we are entering. Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see an article dedicated to this important topic. Thank you for sharing.
    FIN 370 Individual Assignment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I downloaded your freebie from TpT, and I love it! Thank you. I was curious, what books did you read to introduce your students to the topic? I look forward to reading more of your blog. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete