A few days ago my email "dinged" to let me know Caitlyn Delaney, from Fourth Grade Lemonade, posted a comment on one of my blog posts. I love getting comments so I opened the email right away to see what she had to say and to my surprise, she nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
So here are 11 random things about me:
1. I am getting married April 6th on a cruise ship in Seattle.
2. I am going on my honeymoon April 7th to THIS PLACE
3. I may be one of the only people left on planet earth that religiously watches a Soap Opera. I can't stop tuning into General Hospital (ps. my fiance knows all of the story lines, too...hehehehe)
4. I carry a water bottle with me wherever I go. A reusable water bottle! I even keep a brita in my classroom for fresh water!
5. Every time I dream of "home" I dream of being at my childhood home. We lived there until I was 19. I have yet to dream about my parent's new house (they have lived there almost 10 years, and I live there for 8 years before moving in with my fiancé).
6. I have to set a monthly spending limit for myself at Scholastic.com--I have a book-buying addiction!
7. I have a Great Dane. He weighs more than I do, he can rest his chin on my chest WHEN I AM STANDING UP (granted I am only 5' 0'' tall...), and he loves to snuggle in the morning after my fiancé has left for work.
8. My middle name is June. And no, I was not born in June :) I was named after my grandmother on my dad's side.
9. A woman offered my parents 50K to buy me when I was still inside my mom! She was taking a Stained Glass class from my parents and had been trying to have a baby for years. She didn't care if I was a boy or girl, or what I looked like, she just really wanted a baby! I hope her dream eventually came true. I am thankful that my parents wanted me more than they wanted the money!
10. I love Apple products! All of them! I especially love the FaceTime feature. Perfect for when either my fiancé or myself is out of the area. He actually helped walk me through getting the TV back to the right "input" feature or whatever by me holding the remote up to the camera, and he saying "push that one on the right, then the one on the third row down..." YEESH! Thank goodness for technology!
11. I am the Technology Leader for my school! This is a super fun Teacher Leader committee that I get to be a part of and be the first to know and learn all about the newest technology out there! I also get to push the district to invest in new technology.
Questions from Caitlyn:
1. Do you own any pets?
Yep! One Great Dane, Malone...and two cats, Gus and Porter.
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would would you go?
CABO!!! Going in April 2013.
3. What is your favorite thing about being a teacher?
Working one on one with students. I wish I could have more time in my day to do this. When I work one on one with them not only do I learn more about their needs as students, but I learn more about their wonderfulness as kiddos!
4. In the spirit of Black Friday, what is your favorite store?
Target. But the line was WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too long! The $35 door buster 600 thread count sheets were NOT worth the wait. My sister and I unloaded our arms (no carts were left by the time we finally got in the store) and walked out the door!
5. What is your favorite book to read aloud to your students?
Anything about friendship or family or being bully free! I love the Bucketfiller books! If you have not heard of these, please check them out!
6. If you won the megamillions lottery, what would your first purchase be?
Oh wow. I would totally pay off all of my student loans. I hate making those payments every month. Then I would take my whole family on a vacation somewhere relaxing... like Cabo :)
7. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Recently my fiancé and I have been spending all of our free time at Lowes and Home Depot (home renovation stores). The second phase of our big remodel starts this week. EEEEKKKK!
8. What is your favorite sport?
Growing up it was soccer. But since meeting Josh, he is slowly converting me to being an Ice Hockey fan. GO CANUCKS!
9. What are your favorite blogs in your blogroll (they don't have to be teacher-related)?
Christina Bainbridge was the very first blog I happened across! I didn't realize this world was out here until finding her blog one day. And even then, it took me over a year to realize "wait...maybe there are other blogs out here like hers?!"
10. If you could time travel to one year for the whole year, what year would you go to?
Honestly I would go somewhere where I could relax all day. I am not into touring places and being on the go go go! I love learning about the history of a place for a day or two, then I just want to relax.
11. Why did you start blogging?
I love being inspired by the amazing people out there that I would otherwise never meet or know existed. I love getting to know people this way and I love being able to share my ideas, too!
Here are 11 questions for my nominees.
1. Where did you go on your honeymoon, or where would you like to go for your honeymoon?
2. You're leaving work late, again, and you are just too tired to make dinner. Where do you stop to get a quick bite on the way home?
3. Do you sit down and eat your lunch? Or do you have a "working lunch"?
4. What is your go-to thing to do when you need to get away from it all (work out...call up a friend for a coffee date...)?
5. When did you know you were meant to be a teacher?
6. If you hadn't become a teacher, what would you have been?
7. Do you have siblings?
8. Do you have pets?
9. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
10. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be? Why?
11. What color pen do you correct student work with?
The 11 blogs I am nominating:
1. Mrs. Kelly's Class
2. Blooming in 1st
3. Hoot Hoot Hooray!
4. I Love TWEK, Tasty Technology Treats for Teachers
5. Learn to teach and teach to learn
6. Learning in the Little Apple
7. Lighting a Fire in 3rd Grade
8. Second Grade Chatter
9. Sensational Seconds
10. Simple in Second
11. Smiles and Sunshine